Food in Kuta Legian & Seminyak
Some of these recommended restaurants you should visit when you are in the island. Some of them is located in the quality hotels, and some of them has the perfect view especially for dinner. Available in Indonesian foods, European foods, and the other around the world. Have a great dine in Bali!
BALI DELI CAFE
Jl. Kunti 117X Seminyak. Phone 738686
The one-stop source for imported food.
BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP CO. BALI
Jl. Kartika Plaza Kuta. Phone 754028
The casual American seafood restaurant in Kuta.
Jl. Padma Legian. Phone 760070
Italian and Indonesian with the Colonial style.
FLYING FISH at O-CE-N Bali by OUTRIGGER
Jl. Arjuna 88x Legian Kuta. Phone 737400
Jl. Dhyana Pura 99 Seminyak. Phone 736955
Delicious European cuisine with the superb location by the sea and best place for romantic dinner under the star.
BALK ANIKA MACEDONIAN RESTAURANT & BAR
Jl. Legian 358A (corner Jl. Patih Jelantik). Phone 753693
International cuisine. Satisfy Your Taste Buds.
HARD ROCK CAFE
Jl. Pantai Kuta. Phone 756661
International cuisine. Dine in rocks with great music memorabilia ambiance.
Jl. Laksmana Seminyak. Phone 7423925
Moroccab cuisine. Belly dancers and exotic food in a tranquil setting.
Jl. Legian. Phone 752614
International cuisine. A classic in the heart of Kuta with scrumptious desserts.
KORI RESTAURANT & BAR
Gang Poppies II. Phone 758605.
International cuisine. A little romance, delightful food, great martinis and Cuban cigars.
KU DE TA
Jl. Laksmana Seminyak. Phone 736969
Modern international cuisine. Luxury all the way, and spectacular views of the Indian ocean. Fantastic Mexican food in a fun environment of Kuta.
Jl. Mertasari 1 Seminyak. Phone 732230
Japanese fusion. Finest Japanese fusion bar and restaurant.
Gang Poppies I. Phone 751059
International cuisine. A legendary place in Bali, with great food in an open air garden restaurant.
Jl. Raya Seminyak. Phone 731152.
Japanese cuisine. Value for money!
Nusa Dua Restaurant
The Nusa Dua complex has a large number of restaurants. The hotels and resorts in this region give many alternative restaurants to their guests. The more luxurious a hotel, the finest restaurant will be available. Nusa Dua is all inclusive area for you if you are in Bali.
However, if you want to look for a different atmosphere or want to save money, you can come to the interesting open air restaurants along the Jl. Pantai Megiat which is located near the gate of Nusa Dua complex. This place can be an alternative except the high class restaurant found in Nusa Dua complex.
In the south part of Nusa Dua complex, in a beach region, there are some food stands for he tourists who want to save their money. This place usually serves those who want to surf in Nusa Dua region. Here there are some food stands available in hotel or outside the Nusa Dua complex.
Grand Hyatt Bali is a romantic restaurant at night, decorated with hundreds of candles and flickering lights. The restaurant chef will serve various delicious Balinese foods.
Amanusa is a place where the visitors can enjoy both of delicious Thailand foods and an impressing panorama background.
Nelayan Seafood at Jl. Pantai Megiat serves steak and seafood.
Mentari Ming Garden at Jl. Pantai Megiat is a food stand serving Indonesian foods with a good taste and hospitable serving.
Lotus Garden at Jl. Ngurah Rai serves paste, seafood, and delicious Indonesian foods.
Dining Places in Sanur
In Sanur we can meet many kind of cheap restaurants. Some food stall are located around Sindu market, Segara Ayu Street and a long Danau Poso Street. During sunset time, it is the best time to go to the restaurant, eating or drinking while enjoying the panorama. If you want to try dining on this lovely Sanur Bali area, here are the restaurant list:
- Kafe Wayang, Komplek Sanur 12, phone 287591. It is a popular restaurant for tourist, and to serve sandwich, pasta, and various Asian foods.
- Splash Bakery, Ngurah Rai Street, phone 288186. This place serves cake and bread for dine or to take away rice.
- Pala, 121 Ngurah Rai Street, phone 283835. This place serves France and Indonesian foods.
- Watering Hole (Agung and Sue) Restaurant, Hang Tuah Street, phone 288289. This place serves China, Indonesian and Western foods. Chit chat with your friends at this place would be great.
- Kalimantan, 11 Pantai Sindhu Street, phone 289291, this place serves Mexican, Indonesian foods and steak. Many of palms grow there and make it relax to be there.
- Benno's Corner Cafe, Pantai Sindhu Street and near the beach. This place serves the beautiful beach, and also delicious snack and cold drinks.
- New Banjar Club, near Duyung Street, phone 287359. This place faces the beach and serves Pizza, Pasta and Indonesian foods.
- Sanur Bay, Duyung Street, phone 288153. This restaurant serves table in the beach, that is why the tourist probably enjoying the beautiful scenery and various burn seafoods.
- Stiff Chilli, Kesumasari Street. This restaurant serves sandwich.
- Telaga Naga, 180 Tamblingan Street, phone 281234. The red light lantern is the characteristic of this place and it is serves abalone with black mushroom.
- Lotus Pond Restaurant, 30 Tamblingan Street, phone 289398. This place around by lotus pool and it serves pasta, pizza, seafood and Indonesian foods.
- Alise's Restaurant, Tamu Kami Hotel, phone 282510. This restaurant is located in out of building, near the pool with romantic light lantern. It serves European, Indonesian, and Japanese foods. You can enjoy the foods and Balinese music here.
- Village, 66 Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 285025. This Italian restaurant is a romantic restaurant which serves burn pizza and various pastas.
- Randy's Cafe Bar & Restaurant, 17 Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 288962. This place serves sandwich, burger and chocolate brownies.
- Lumut, Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 270009. The main menu here is seafood, but in day you can enjoy coffee or juices.
- Cafe Tali Jiwa, 148 Danau Tamblingan Street. This place serves many kind foods from organic material.
- Apakabar, 152 Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 287374. This place is shaded by coconut tree and it serves juice, soup, pasta and burn foods.
- Cafe Batu Jimbar, 152 Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 287374. This place is shaded by palm and it serves pasta, curry, soup and juice.
- Billy's Kafe, Yulia 2 homestay, Danau Tamblingan Street, phone 287495. This place serves cheap breakfast, like soto ayam and sandwich.
- Abian Boga, 5 Kesumasari Street. Phone 287174. This place is large, it shows Legong dancer at 08.30pm. It serves china, Western and Indonesian food.
- Sari Laut, Danau Poso Street, phone 289151. This place is very famous among local tourist.
- Cat & Fiddle, 2 Mertasari Street, phone 270572. This place serves England food.
Bali International Cricket, 63 Danau Poso Street, phone 270728, it serves Western foods.
Inns and Dining Places in Seminyak
It will be easy to find luxurious inn in this area, but do not worry not only the luxurious one you can find here, but also the budget inn. It is located in south of Seminyak, not far from the beach. Beside inns and hotels, you can find some of villas which are rented.
Blue Ocean, call number 0361-730289.
Hotel Kumala, Pura Bagus Taruna Street, call number 0361-732186
Resor Seminyak, Kaya Aya Street, call number 0361-730814
Puri Naga Sea Side Cottage, Double Six Street, call number 0361-730761
Oberoi, Oberoi Street, call number 0361-730361
Legian, Kaya Aya Street, call number 0361-730622
Hotel Intan Bali, call number 0361-730777
Pelangi Bali Hotel, call number 0361-730346
The best places for dining are located here. In the morning and afternoon, some of bars & clubs can be as a restaurant, but at night it become an entertainment place which is full of drink, music and party. Restaurant that is located near the beach has a funky and modern atmospheres better than the same place in Kuta. There are some places for dining that you can try:
Bennys cafe, Double Six Street, call number 0361-731305
Zanzibar, Double Six Street, call number 0361-733529
Kafe warna, Pantai Arjuna Street, call number 0361-737138
Cafe lounge 69, Double Six Street, call number 0361-734610
Warung Bonita, Petitenget Street, call number 0361-731918
Hu'u, Kaya Aya Street, call number 0361-736443
North Seminyak Area
It is including Kerobokan, Berawa and Canggu. Three of them will be slowly change as tourism places. Some of luxurious hotel has been building there, but unfortunately there is no common transport except taxi and Car rental in Bali.
You can reach this area from Kuta, pass the Legian Street and go to north, you will find Raya Seminyak Street and Raya Kerobokan Street is located in the north of Seminyak. The best restaurant in this area is Kafe Warisan, Raya Kerobokan Street, call number 0361-731175.
It has wet rice field as the background and you can enjoy the France food here. Beside that you can enjoy the best wine here, if you brave to pay more. Here, you can ride a horse rounding the wet rice field or the beach by call Umalas Stables at 9x Lestari Street or number 0361-731402.
The Berewa beach is different with the others beach, the sand is dusty. It is located in the wet rice and rather far from the city. Are you curious to enjoy it?? If you are in Kuta, you can go to Berewa through Kerobokan which is in the north of Kuta. Then, go left twice and you will find Berawa. To make an easy for arriving in Berawa, some of hotel here give transport service from Kuta to Berewa and vice versa. One of the hotels who give this kind of service is Bolare Beach Bungalow; it has beautiful private beach and park, call number 0361-730258.
Canggu is the one of the popular places in Bali for surfing since the big and nice wave. Unfortunately this area has not nice covered yet, especially for surfing. The surfers make a group before go surfing or sometimes join together in the restaurant near the beach. Since they always join in that restaurant, the restaurant called the surfer post.
Hotel Tugu Bali at Pantai Batu Bolong Street, near the Cangu beach, call number 0361-731701. It has a very beautiful wet rice field as the background. Not only the beautiful scenery you can enjoy here, but also the wonderful painting collection from Walter Spies and La Mayeur. That is why it is like a gallery or museum rather than a hotel.
If you are in Bali, you must visit it. From Kerobokan, go to west until you find Kayutulang and then go to south. You can go by car rental or by Taxi.
This is one of the eat place in Bali that have a semi formal decoration. And some of them is classic. Yes, cafe in Bali is just like that. It is very friendly, good place to chit chat while we eat, and probably most important the price is quiet cheap.
Kampung Cafe & Cottages
Kampung Cafe and Cottages, built down the slide of a variety and offering breath-taking views of tropical forest, sculptured rice paddies, and an endless skyline, offering a variety of delicious Nouvelle Cuisine dishes, from European to South east Asian, all prepared from the freshest ingredients.
The address: Ceking - Tegalalang Gianyar Ubud. Phone (0361) 901 -201
Cafe Des Artistes Ubud
Complete great menus including:
- Indonesian and International Classics
- Best Value Tenderloin Steaks in Town
- Delightful Crispy Salads
- Thai Corner
- Scrumptious Belgian Dishes
- Extensive Wine List
- Quality Belgian Beers
The address: Jl. Bisma 9x Ubud. Phone (0361) 972 706
Cafe Lotus Ubud
Located at Pura Saraswati on Jalan Raya.
Come and see for their breakfast, lunch, cocktails, Romantic candle-light dinner in an ambiance unique even for Bali!
Also available for Balinese & Continental recipes, Full service bar, Local & Imported Beers, Spirits, Wines & Champagnes.
The Cafe Lotus Ubud can be contacted at (0361) 975 - 660
Also please check out other interesting activity while you are in Bali, that is Ubud Health and Spa services.